Duong Lam ancient village travel guide:
The ancient village of Duong Lam about 50km from Hanoi, is a popular tourist destination in Hanoi. With the characteristics of architecture and art of an ancient village in the delta of the Red River Delta.
Best time to travel to Duong Lam ancient village
You can travel to Duong Lam ancient village any time of the year. However, the festive season and golden rice season is the most appropriate time for a trip.
The festival of Duong Lam ancient village takes place in January in Lunar Calendar every year. When you come to the Duong Lam during this time, you will enjoy the festive atmosphere very exciting and enjoy the specialties that only on the festival.
The golden rice season
In May, June every year – when the rice fields are ripe, it is the time when most tourists come here. The roads in Duong Lam, filled with paddy and dry rice, brings a peaceful and tranquill. sense.
How to getting to Duong Lam? Transportation to visit Duong Lam
Located in the suburbs of Hanoi, the move to the Duong Lam is quite easy. You can go to Duong Lam in the following ways:
Come to Duong Lam
There are 3 public bus routes from Hanoi to the Duong Lam:
- bus number 71 from My Dinh bus station to Son Tay bus station, fare 20.000 VND
- bus number 73 from My Dinh bus station to Thay pagoda, fare 10.000 VND
- bus number 89 from Yen Nghia bus station to Son Tay bus station, fare 9.000 VND
From Son Tay bus station, you can take a taxi or “xe om” to the Duong Lam.
You can rent a motorbike from Hanoi to go to Duong Lam
– You should check the route before going.
– Bring maps or phone with internet access to use Google Maps
By local bus
You can also choose My Dinh – Phu Tho bus service to Duong Lam with a travel time of about 1 hour 15 mins.
Moving around Duong Lam
Once you get to Duong Lam, you can rent a bicycle right here to explore all the tourist attractions in this place. Bicycle rental costs from 30,000 – 50,000 VND / person/ per hour or you can rent all day for about 80,000 – 100.000 VND
Duong Lam ancient village fullday
- Depart from Hanoi
- Visiting famous tourist attractions by walking or renting a bicycle.
- Have some talks with the locals in their ancient houses by visiting the ancient houses of Mr Lam, Mr Ha and Mr Huyen
- Enjoy your special lunch with Vietnamese foods in an ancient house.
- After lunch and rest, you will continue to visit some other places such as Mia Pagoda, Ngo Quyen temple and Phung Hung temple.
- Driving back Hanoi.