In the system of national museums of Vietnam, Vietnam Fine Arts Museum is considered one of the most important museums in preserving and promoting the treasure of the cultural and artistic heritage of the community of Vietnamese ethnic groups. Coming to the museum, visitors will understand the whole development process of Vietnamese art history through the collection of artifacts and materials displayed here. The system displays important Vietnamese artifacts and artworks that provide people with unique insights into the culture and history of the Vietnamese nation.
The display system is divided into 3 main areas:
- Prehistoric art: including artifacts from the Stone Age, Bronze, and Early Iron Age.
- Fine art from the 11th to the 19th centuries, under the dynasties from the Ly, Tran, Le to Mac, Tay Son, and Nguyen.
- 20th-century fine arts, pre-modern art (1925 – 1945) and modern art (1945 to present).
Besides the collections on display according to historical progress, there are also two collections here:
- Folk art.
- Vietnamese pottery art.
General tour of the Museum
- Learning tradition
- Vietnamese countryside – A perspective
- Vietnamese fine arts – Treasure in the heart of Hanoi
Collections tours (reservation in advance):
- Ancient art
- Modern art
- Applied art
- Folk art
- Ceramic collection
Fee: 150,000 VND/group (maximum 25 people/ 01 group)
Languages: Vietnamese, English, French, Chinese
Duration: Upon request (except lunchtime, from 11:30 to 13:30)
Tour guide Team, Department of Exhibition and Education(84-24) 3823-3084, 3733-2131 ext. 131
Or direct contacts: Ms. Bùi Bích Châu: 0904284994
Ms. Vương Lê Mỹ Học: 0904511679
Vietnam Fine Arts Museum is a cultural address that attracts visitors from all directions.
Some pictures of the Vietnam Fine Arts Museum