Hanoi International Airport, also known as Noi Bai International Airport, is one of the largest international airports in Vietnam.
This is the main place of operation for domestic airlines such as Vietnam Airline, VietJet, Jetstar Pacific, Bamboo Airways … In addition, this international airport also welcomes 22 airlines from many countries around the world.
General information about Hanoi International Airport
Hanoi International Airport is located in Soc Son district, about 30km northwest of Hanoi, however, when you cross the Nhat Tan bridge, it only takes you about 27km to go to the center of the capital.
The passenger terminal T1 of Noi Bai airport was designed by a Vietnamese architect. Inspired by the national culture, T1 station has a very unique large sky gate, most international visitors coming here are in full praise. This new and bold Vietnamese design idea has won many architectural awards at home and abroad.
Meanwhile, the T2 Passenger Terminal Zone was created by a talented architect from Japan and officially operated in early 2015.
Another unique architectural feature of Noi Bai airport to mention are two observatories with a record height on the Indochinese peninsula. Currently, passenger traffic to this airport ranks second in the country, just behind Tan Son Nhat airport in Ho Chi Minh City.
Airport Corporation of Vietnam (ACV) under the Ministry of Transport is the agency that directly manages Noi Bai airport.
The infrastructure of Hanoi International Airport (Noi Bai)
Currently, this international airport has 2 main terminals to pick up passengers, Terminal T1 and Terminal T2. Terminal T1 covers an area of up to 115,000 square meters, while Terminal T2 is 139,216 square meters wide, both of which can accommodate more than 15 million passengers at the same time.
At Terminal T1, hall E extended with Hall A is the most frequented area in Noi Bai airport. Both halls include 5 departure gates and 2 arrival gates, 3 floors, and 1 mezzanine with a total area of up to 23,000m2. Terminal T1 is designed as follows:
Click on image to view full size
- First floor: Pick up domestic guests coming and going. This is an area with a baggage drop off after landing.
- Second floor: This is the floor with many VIP living rooms, fee service, check-in area.
- Third floor: Technical room.
- Lobby E has 38 counters for check-in and security control.
- Fourth floor: Restaurant
At Terminal T2, Noi Bai airport built 96 check-in counters and departure gates for passengers flying abroad. Terminal T2 consists of 4 floors and 1 basement:
Click on image to view full size
- First floor: Reception area for international flights.
- Second floor: For connecting passengers.
- Third floor: For international passengers.
- Fourth floor: Lounge for business class and commercial services.
Directions to / from Noi Bai airport, Hanoi
Taxi from Noi Bai to Hanoi
From Noi Bai airport, Soc Son district, passengers can take a taxi directly to Hanoi city center at a cost of about 250,000 VND or more depending on the destination.
However, if you choose a taxi, you must pay attention to the travel time because it is difficult to catch the car after 22:00, instead, this time should choose a technology taxi.
Currently, around Noi Bai airport there are many taxi services to save the cost of moving to the center of Hanoi, in this way, each person only costs about 85,000 VND.
Bus from Noi Bai to Hanoi
In case of landing at Noi Bai airport between 6:00 and 19:00 daily, you can take a bus to Hanoi city center for a super cheap fee. This is public transport so that the price will be very cheap, but the downside is that you cannot carry a lot of luggage.
Currently, you can choose from the following bus routes to get into the city center:
- Bus No.07: Cau Giay – Noi Bai with the pickup point is Parking P2, Terminal T1.
- Bus No.17: Long Bien – Noi Bai pick up point is the parking lot P2, Terminal T1.
- Bus No.90: Kim Ma bus station – Nhat Tan Bridge – Noi Bai, the pickup point is Terminal T2.
- High-Quality Bus No.86: Hanoi Railway Station – Ho Guom – Noi Bai, with the pickup point is Terminal T1 (Hall A, B, E on the 1st floor).
Noi Bai airport shuttle
In addition to taxis and buses, passengers can also travel to the city center with the Noi Bai airport shuttle. This transport is quite similar to a bus, the cost is cheap, so riders will be very crowded and cannot carry much luggage.
Therefore, depending on the needs and quantity of luggage, you should consider choosing the most suitable and convenient means of transportation.
Noi Bai Airport has about 3 bus routes to pick up passengers, namely:
- Route NB01: Noi Bai – Dao Tan, pick up passengers from Terminal T2 move through points such as Terminal T1, Nhat Tan Bridge, Dao Tan Street.
- Route NB02: Noi Bai – Times City urban area, pick up passengers at Terminal T2 moves through points such as Terminal T1, Dong Tru Bridge, Chuong Duong Bridge, Tran Khanh Du, Nguyen Khoai, Minh Khai, Times City urban area.
- Route NB03: Noi Bai to Nuoc Ngam bus station, pick up passengers at Terminal T2 move through points such as Terminal T1, Thang Long Bridge, Pham Van Dong, Pham Hung, Khuat Duy Tien, Nguyen Huu Tho, Giai Phong, Nuoc Ngam bus station.
Utilities at this airport
Noi Bai Airport meets international airport standards, so there are many modern and fully equipped services. Specifically:
- Banking and ATM services.
- Free trolley service.
- Luggage packing service.
- Free drinking water service.
- Free wifi internet service.
- Free battery charging service.
- Luggage storage service.
- Health services.
- Children’s play area.
- Duty-free sales.
- Food Service.
- Rest service.
Some tourist attractions near Hanoi International Airport
Arriving at Noi Bai international airport, you can both move to the city center while visiting famous tourist destinations nearby to save time.
Ruins of Co Loa citadel
This place is the famous temple of King An Duong Vuong in Vietnamese history. Co Loa citadel relic in Dong Anh district, about 15km away from Noi Bai airport, takes about 20 minutes to travel. If you do not take a taxi, you can go to An Duong Vuong Temple on bus route 17.
This is one of the oldest historical relics in Hanoi city. In legend, An Duong Vuong Temple was built on a hill with original architecture similar to a very unique snail shell.
Soc Son temple complex
From the airport, passengers can visit the Soc Son temple complex, which is associated with the story of Thanh Giong in Vietnamese legend. This historic site is located at Ve Linh mountain or Soc mountain in Ve Linh village, Phu Linh commune, Soc Son district, Hanoi and only about 16km from Noi Bai airport.
There are many ways to travel from the airport to the Giong Soc Son Temple, the most convenient is still a taxi. Besides, you can go by bus to this relic but it will take more time because there is no direct route but there are 3 bus stops, namely routes 17, 15, and 56B.
Dai Lai lake
In addition to the tourist attractions mentioned above, visitors can visit Dai Lai Lake, a famous eco-resort of Vinh Phuc province, only 15km from Noi Bai airport and about 20 minutes by road.
Dai Lai lake ecotourism area is located on the territory of 2 communes Ngoc Thanh and Cao Minh in Phuc Yen town, Me Linh district, Vinh Phuc province. For those who prefer an open and comfortable natural space, Dai Lai Lake is an extremely interesting destination.
Currently, due to the influence of the Covid-19 epidemic, the bus route from the airport to Dai Lai Lake has stopped operating to ensure the safety of the people, so passengers have to come here by taxi or renting a service car.
At the airport, you can go to most of the capital’s cult tourist destinations in Hanoi with two bus routes 09 and 86. Specifically, these two routes will pass through places such as:
- Route 09 to Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, and Van Mieu Quoc Tu Giam.
- Route 86 to Hoan Kiem Lake on Le Thai To Street, Hanoi Cathedral, Tran Quoc Pagoda, West Lake, City Opera House, Hoa Lo Prison, Hanoi Railway Station, and Hanoi Old Quarter.
As a leading international airport in Vietnam, located in a famous tourist city, Noi Bai airport is always a favorite destination for many tourists and visits every year.
Hopefully the above information will help those who first arrive Noi Bai airport to have the most reasonable and convenient travel plan.
Hanoi International Airport (Noi Bai) Faq’s
Noi Bai International Airport is located in Phu Minh, Soc Son, Hanoi, and about 30km from the city center. If traveling by road, it takes about 30-45 minutes from Noi Bai airport to Hanoi’s inner city.
According to the experience of people who regularly travel to Hanoi by plane, after 22 pm, it will be difficult to catch a taxi directly, instead of having to choose a Grab taxi.
In fact, it is not possible to foresee any problems that arise, but basically, Noi Bai airport is still a safe place because of the strict control of health problems for passengers going and coming. Besides, foreign visitors flying to Vietnam are immediately quarantined, so it is not a big concern.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Hanoi has only one international airport serving domestic and foreign passenger transportation.
About 30 km.