Following the Prime Minister’s directing opinions on permitting foreigners to work in Vietnam, the Ministry of Health has developed “Temporary guidance on supervision of people entering Vietnam”.
Guidance on temporary supervision of people entering Vietnam is applicable to people entering Vietnam to work for more than 14 days; including foreigners holding diplomatic passports, official passports, investors, skilled workers, business managers, subjects under cooperation agreements with relatives; international students; foreign relatives of Vietnamese citizens (hereinafter referred to as immigrants) from countries where the epidemic has been well controlled.
- Register a centralized isolation establishment to conduct entry quarantine together with a specific work schedule in Vietnam.
- Prepare certificate (in English) negative for SARSCoV-2 using genetic material detection test (ARN) of virus (RT-PCR / RT-LAMP …); of Mechanical Authorized medical authorities 3-5 days before entry.
a) Check negative for SARS-CoV-2.
b) Carry out body temperature measurements and medical checks to detect suspected cases. When a suspected case is found, take prescribed management measures.
c) Collect information on quarantine establishments, inform localities for further monitoring and supervision. Guide immigrants to make electronic medical declarations, install and use traceability applications.
d) Take samples for testing at the checkpoint (if any):
- Arrange separate sampling area to ensure epidemic prevention.
- Organize diversification when moving to the sampling area.
- Perform sample collection
- Perform rapid tests using virus genetic material detection (RNA) testing or antigen detection.
- In case of positive test results, immediately perform a concentrated medical isolation at the medical facility; organize the sampling, take care and treatment according to current regulations for cases of Covid-19.
- If the test result is negative or the test result is not clear, the newcomers must be moved to the registered isolation facility; At the same time, ensure safety regulations for transportation under the guidance of the Ministry of Health by private means arranged by agencies or local People’s Committees. Relocation is under the guidance of the Ministry of Health in Decision No. 1246 / QD-BYT dated 20/3/2020.
- Grouping by quick test results to diverge movement out of the entry area.
e) In case of failure to perform rapid testing at the checkpoint, move to the registered concentrated isolation establishment; ensure safety regulations for transportation under the guidance of the Ministry of Health in Decision No. 1246 / QD-BYT dated 20/3/2020.
At a centralized isolation facility
Sampling specimens to test for SARS-CoV-2 using virus genetic material detection (ARN) technique (RT-PCR / RT-LAMP …):
- In the case of not being tested at the checkpoint or the test result is not clear, take the sample to be tested immediately upon arrival at the central isolation facility.
If there is a positive test result, it is necessary to immediately isolate at a medical facility, take samples for testing, take care and treatment according to current regulations for Covid-19 cases. If the test result is negative, keep quarantine, monitoring, and medical supervision until taking the second test sample.
- All cases are tested for the second time on the 6th day from the date of entry; or as soon as symptoms are suspected to be infected. If there is a positive test result, it is necessary to immediately isolate the medical center at the medical facility; organize the sampling, take care and treatment according to the current regulations for Covid-19. Close contacts should continue to be quarantined for 14 days.
If the second test results are negative, they are allowed to move to the accommodation to continue quarantine until the 14 days and take measures to prevent epidemics according to the current guidance of the Ministry of Health.
Travel from isolated establishments to accommodation must be carried out by private means according to regulations of the Ministry of Health.
At the accommodation
- Strictly implement measures for medical supervision, isolation, epidemic prevention; avoid contact with the community and immediately notify health authorities when there are signs of suspicion of being infected.
- Every day, if someone comes in contact with an entry person who is in quarantine, make a list to keep full names and phone numbers of the contact person until the end of the 14th day.
- Local health authorities perform medical surveillance according to regulations and take samples for SARS-CoV-2 by virus genetic material (RNA) detection test (RT-PCR / RT-LAMP…) on the 14th day of entry or when symptoms are suspected of illness.
If there is a positive test result or suspicion of immediate medical isolation at the medical facility, take samples for testing, take care and treatment according to current regulations for cases of Covid-19.