Tuy Hoa Airport (formerly known as Dong Tac Airport) is an airport for civil and military purposes in Phu Yen province. Before 1975, this was an important airbase for the United States Air Force. The Americans built this airport in the 1960s to serve the war of invading Vietnam.
The airport is located in Tuy Hoa city, Phu Yen province, 05 km from the center of Tuy Hoa city to the Southeast. The North and the West borders Phu Dong and Phu Thanh wards of Tuy Hoa City; To the south is the 910 Air Force Regiment stationed to organize training flights for Military Pilots, at the same time bordering Hoa Hiep Bac commune in Dong Hoa district; To the east is the East Sea.
Address: Quarter 4, Phu Thanh Ward, Tuy Hoa City, Phu Yen Province
Airport code: TBB
Phone: (0257) 3851950
Fax (0257) 3851951
The infrastructure of Tuy Hoa airport
As a civil airport combined with military flight operations; where the civilian area is to the north and the military area south of the runway; Tuy Hoa Airport is allowed to accept regular flights, irregular flights, private aircraft, operating 12/24 hours.
- Tuy Hoa airport has 01 runway 03-21; Geographic direction: 0300-2100 03-21 respectively; with dimensions (3,048m x 45m); (2,900 x 45m); pavement covered with cement concrete, the resistance is 112,500 kg or less.
- The parallel taxiway system south of the runway and also a military zone has the size of 2,900 m x 25 m. The runway is connected to a parallel taxiway by horizontal runways, from West to East (from CHC 03-21) as follows: E1, E2, E3, E4; width 25 m.
- Aircraft yard:
– Type: Passenger and shared cargo parking
– Size of apron: 180m x 148.5m, including 03 parking positions for aircraft type A321 and aircraft with technical features and equivalent payload or less.
- Passenger terminal: Tuy Hoa airport’s passenger terminal has an area of 4,000 m2, including:
– Arrival terminal: Guests arriving from the plane enter the station with a direct entrance to the station. Passengers use services at the arrival hall such as dining, information … before leaving the airport.
– Departure station: the area of the check-in counter is arranged in the departure hall, through the HK security check door to facilitate passengers when checking in. VIP / CIP guest rooms are widely arranged separately on the ground floor. There is 01 path to the plane.
- The passenger terminal is fully equipped with equipment for aviation and non-aviation operations, including:
+ Door to aircraft (Gater) 2
+ Check-in Counters 8
+ Baggagages Conveyors 2
+ VIP room (VIP room) 1
+ Lost baggage counter (Lost & Found) 1
How to get to the city center from Tuy Hoa Airport?
Tuy Hoa Airport (TBB) is located in Phu Thanh ward, Tuy Hoa city, Phu Yen province. Tuy Hoa Airport is about 10km from the city center.
It is very convenient to travel from Tuy Hoa airport to Tuy Hoa city center, you can choose from a variety of vehicles such as taxis, motorbike taxi, airport car …
Taking a taxi from Tuy Hoa airport to the city center is a suitable choice for groups of 4 or more people who want to move quickly and carry a lot of luggage. There are many taxi companies available at the airport for you to choose from such as Mai Linh Phu Yen, Taxi Thuan Thao, taxi Sao, taxi Sun … Taxi prices range from 120,000 to 150,000 VND / time.
The road from Tuy Hoa airport to the city center is very easy to go, so you can rent a motorbike in advance and pick up the car at the airport to move to Tuy Hoa city. The motorbike rental fee ranges from 120,000 to 150,000 VND.
The distance from Tuy Hoa airport to the city center is not too far, so if you go alone and bring a little luggage, you can rent a motorbike taxi. The price for motorbike taxi rides ranges from 70,000 to 90,000 VND. To catch a motorbike taxi you need to walk out of the airport gate and cross the street, there are many motorbike taxis waiting for passengers.
Some tourist attractions near Tuy Hoa Airport
After landing at Tuy Hoa airport (Phu Yen), if the time is still early and it is not time to check-in your hotel, you can move to famous attractions such as:
Da Dia rapids
Da Dia Rapids is a very famous tourist destination in Phu Yen province; with rocky rapids protruding from the sea like giant stacks of plates. Visiting Da Disc rapids, you will admire the fleets of boats plying the sea, walking on the rocky floors, and taking pictures. From a distance, the rocky rapids are like a large hand that nature has endowed Phu Yen with. Tuy Hoa Airport is 43 km from Da Dia rapids.
Bai Xep beach
Bai Xep is a beautiful untouched golden sand beach in Phu Yen, stretching between two rocky capes protruding from the sea. Although only 500m in length, Xep beach possesses a rare beauty with sea and mountains and unique rocks.
To the left of Bai Xep are giant rock clusters, waves all year round, from a distance here is like a green hill. Along with Da Dia rapids, Xep beach is a beautiful check-in photo spot in Phu Yen. Tuy Hoa Airport is 21 km from Xep beach.
Bai Mon beach
This is the earliest place to welcome the dawn of the new day in our country. This place has not been exploited for tourism much, so it is very beautiful and wild. Bai Mon is a famous, clean, beautiful beach in Phu Yen that is known as the “beauty queen” of the land of yellow flowers on green grass.
Coming to Bai Mon, you can not only admire and relax but also enjoy all kinds of fresh seafood dishes. Tuy Hoa Airport is 23 km from Mon Beach.
Mui Dien Lighthouse – Dai Lanh Lighthouse
Seen from above, Mui Dien is like a mountain stretching out to the majestic sea. Visiting the Mui Dien lighthouse, you will admire the beautiful cylindrical lighthouse and also a beautiful shooting place. Tuy Hoa Airport is 24km from Mui Dien.